Do you need help now?
For immediate assistance, please call 9-1-1.
Know that it is NOT your fault. You may be replaying the situation over and over in your mind, asking yourself what you could or should have done differently. But remember, sexual violence is an act of power, and you are not responsible for another person's choices and actions! You did what you needed to do to survive. Nothing you did caused the violence!
First Steps to Consider
- Get to a safe place
- Don't shower or wash clothing
- Go to a nearby hospital or medical center
- Tell a trusted person about the incident
- Contact a Sexual Violence Support Coordinator at SCEsupport@osu.edu
- For help 24 hours a day please contact the hotline.
If you are a survivor of sexual assault, stalking, relationship violence (domestic or dating) or sexual harassment, many area resources are available. These resources can provide support, information and details about your medical and reporting options.
(For more information about the kinds of sexual violence, see here )
Please use the tabs to the left to navigate the local resources in your area.